Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Training Notes 3-19-08


**Josh Hamilton (OF-Rangers) continues to dominate. He's hitting .594 and 12 RBIs in 12 Spring Training games. He'd look a lot better in a Red's jersey. I have him in my fantasy lineup so hopefully that tear will continue on into the regular season for 162 games!

**Kerry Wood is still an injured wussy. Image that.....back spasms. Kerry, go get your panties out of your mom's purse.

**The Red Sox took up for their coaching staff b/c they weren't getting paid $40,000 stipend like the players to go play the first series in Japan. You're still finishing 2nd or 3rd in the AL East Red Sox Nation.

**Shields will start the opening game for the D-Rays. This will give him 2 starts for week 1. Important stuff you better be looking at.

**Jamie Moyer pitched pretty well for the Phils today. No fantasy value but he's 187 years old today and probably threw some pitches around 55 mph.

**Pujols is still tearing it up. He's got 5 homers and 15 RBI in 15 games this spring and hitting .381. He still scares me b/c two months in, when the Cards are still in dead last in the NL Central, he'll shut it down and get the elbow surgery.

**The D-Rays are thinking about sending Longoria down to the minors for a month or so. The Reds will probably do the same to Bruce and Cueto. I think those are all rediculous moves but at least I'll get to see Bruce and Cueto up close in Louisville for a while.

**Still no movement on the Brian Roberts to the Cubs deal. That's good b/c I didn't get Roberts in my fantasy draft and I don't want to see him in the NL Central to improve that already potent Cubbies lineup.

**On a non-baseball note, good luck to my Kentucky Wildcats tomorrow in Cali vs. Marquette. The Cats need a W for some respect. It's been a long season in Big Blue Nation. LIVE BLUE!

3 comments:

Free From Broke said...

I love Jamie Moyer! Not from a fantasy perspective mind you, but anyone his age who throws slower than me and still strikes out major league hitters is great to me!

RoseFan said...

This is true. You have to give the man his due. My money says he will win 10-12 games and then announce he will be back for 09.

GMo said...

Good call free from broke. I still like the old man. I had him every year in my league for four or five straight.