Monday, March 3, 2008

American and National League Early Picks 2008


Spring Training has barely begun but here are my early picks to head to the playoffs from the American and National leagues.

AL East-Wide open between the Yanks, Red Sox, and I'd watch out for the Blue Jays. I think they're going to give the Yanks and Red Sox a run if their pitching stays healthy. I really think the Yanks will be the one.

AL Central-Tigers

AL West-Angels

Wild Card-Indians

NL East-It's another wide open race between the Mets, Phillies, and Braves. I'm not sure how anyone in his right mind could pick against the Mets with that rotation, a solid bullpen, and that lineup, but after seeing the Braves on stage at ESPN the Weekend, I'm going out on a limb and saying the Braves could get it done.......but they won't-METS.

NL Central-My heart tells me the Reds can get it done in a close race with the Cubs and the Brew-Crew. If the young pitching comes through in the starting rotation, the bullpen is finally strong enough to get it done. This is a wide open division with the exception of the Cardinals. I think 5 of the 6 teams could come through and win this division.

NL West-This one is all Dodgers and D-Backs. The Dodgers have a better lineup and bullpen. The D-Backs have a really strong starting rotations. This one will go down to the wire with the Dodgers finally getting it done.

NL Wild Card-Here's where the Braves will come in and get back to the playoffs after a big 1 year drought.

No comments: