Monday, March 17, 2008

My Fantasy Draft

One of my favorite days of the year, right along with opening day, is draft day. I always go into the draft feeling I can own it. This year was no different....then why am I not feeling as good this year as I usually do with my team. We finally got ten guys willing to lose their hard earned money and they all showed up ready and willing to do so. If I sound a little like Pete Rose here it's all in fun. But again like Pete always said if you can back it up it's not bragging, only kidding guys. I had a great time drafting as I always do. The chilli was so good and the cookies, well let's just say that I might have had one or two.
Let's get to the draft.......I wanted Matt Holiday bad enough that I would have taken him where he went, number two overall. Yes A-Rod went first. I had seventh pick and took another favorite of mine in David Wright and on the way back up I got Jimmy Rollins. At this point I was feeling pretty good about getting two players I consider first round picks heading into the third round. Well like I said we had ten players this year and it gets thin fast, but hey that's what makes it more fun. In the third round I got Justin Verlander as the third pitcher taken after Santana and Peavy. I think he has a great chance to put up ace fantasy numbers this year. Does anyone have a more potent lineup behind him than Verlander.
I don't have the draft board in front of me but it went pretty much like the mock drafts I have done online. With the exception of Victor Martinez, going as the third pick overall it was a normal draft. I think my biggest suprise was how thin the OF spot was, this only made me want Holliday more. All this said, move Holliday up your board a few spots and everyone have a great draft.

No comments: