Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ichiro is on fire?

NOPE. Ichiro Suzuki is now 0-21 for the spring. He's not exactly tearing it up after batting .353 last year. He'll come on once the lights come on. I still don't think he's anything more than the 30th plus pick in any fantasy draft. Even batting .353 last year, he scored less points than players like Corey Hart and Shane Victorino. I did get a chance to see Ichiro take batting practice during the American League All-Star practice day before the Home Run Derby in Pittsburgh two years ago and that dude is unbelievable. I still say at 165 pounds, he could hit 40 homers any season if that's what he wanted to do. In that batting practice, he put numerous balls in the river and was hitting the ball as far as Ryan Howard. I was pretty intoxicated, but I'm pretty sure I didn't dream that!

No comments: