Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rough Starts

Where do I start. First and maybe most importantly, my Cincinnati Reds just got swept by the damn Pittsburgh Pirates. I know the Reds are better than this. Johnny Cueto came back to earth today, but he could also sue for non support as he went to the fifth inning without the Reds scoring a run. Anytime the Pirates sweep you home or away things are not good. It's time, yes it's already time for the Reds to give all these young guns a spot and start them everyday and leave them there. I am begininng to think that Encarnacion isn't a major league third baseman. He is now on the interstate hitting an awesome .171 with at least four errors.


I was all over the Detroit Tigers at the begining of the season, yes I know we are only two weeks in, but they are in dead last in a very tough division where the Kansas City Royals might be the suprise of baseball. I still have to believe that the Tigers will be there when it's all said and done, but last place in a very competive central division, they better get it going after being shutout on Sunday 11-0 by the White Sox.


In other news....the Yankess found a David Ortiz jersey a construction worker buried in three feet of conrete at the site of the new Yankee Stadium across the street from the house that Babe built. The worker that buried it was you guessed it a Red Sox fan trying to put a jinx on the new stadium. Word got out and Yankee officals started jack hammering around where it was supposed to be buried and they found it in there and plan an extractment ceremony tomorrow. Make you you watch Baseball Tonight as I'm sure they will be there all over this story. Does anyone else wonder if ESPN understands there are thirty other teams in MLB besides the Yankees and Red Sox.


Speaking of rough starts, I will never ever draft that lame duck Rich Harden again, how many times will I get burned by the same guy. More players on my all time slow start team....Kenji Johjima, Hunter Pence, Justin Morneau and Jimmy Rollins gets hurt on me midweek....here's hoping your team got off to a better start than mine and that week three wakes up some of my guys and yours too.......GO REDS, GET IT IN GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: