Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Next "BIG THING"

Max Scherzer just made his major league debut yesterday for the Arizona Diamondbacks. He came with minor league numbers off the charts and like Johnny Cueto for the Cincinnati Reds his first appearance was nothing short of brilliant. Coming in for relief and pitching 4.1 innings of no hit, no walk, no run baseball while fanning seven. Yes he faced thirteen and retired thirteen. His smoke hit 98 on the radar gun as well. He seems like another of these can't miss type players. I actually wanted him in one of my leagues but snoozed a little too long before I decided to pull the trigger. I had actually put him on my watch list and was going to make up my mind on Saturday for next weeks lineup. Don't make the same mistake, if he is out there in your league, don't finish reading this, go get him. After you safety get this guy on your roster invite all your friends to come back with you and read some of the best "free" fantasy information out there. Here's hoping his future goes better than Cueto's has gone the last couple weeks. Cueto will have growing pains but he is a Major League Pitcher and will be a great fantasy pitcher as well.
Well as I write this Scherzer was just named a starter for the Backs. This is how much faith Arizona has in this guy and you should as well.

No comments: