Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fantasy Flops End of Week 3

Three weeks into the the season there are some guys who've been very disappointing and I'm not sure if they can bounce back.

*Edwin Encarnarcion (Reds) I was big on Edwin to start the season. I think it was mainly because I was blinded by his "Redness". Edwin's fielding is horrible at best. His bat has started to wake up in the past week (.348), but I don't think this guy may every be a big-time fantasy third baseman like I'd hoped. His season numbers are sitting at .241/2/7. His strikeout to walk ratio isn't as bad as I thought though at 10:12.

*Julio Lugo (Red Sox) I thought it might be back to 2005 form for Julio this year in a great spot with the Red Sox but...........NOPE. Batting .271 with 2 RBI and 1 SB isn't going to get it done for Lugo. Drop him now if you have him and find something better.

*Andruw Jones (Dodgers) Andruw Jones officially sucks. .167/1 homer/3 RBI=TERRIBLE!!!!
The Dodgers have to be kicking themselves for giving this bum enought money to buy his home country. Great job with 18 Ks in 54 at bats. If he was half a man, he'd give that money back but I think it all goes to child support.

*Russell Martin (Dodgers) .196/1/5. Martin has started terrible and can't seem to get along with new skipper Joe Torre. He didn't like getting sit down yesterday. It will be interesting to see if Martin can bounce out of this slump.

No comments: