Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oh my Reds

Is it time to hit the panic button yet? I sure hope not but it's just ugly right now. Even our ace Aaron Harang got roughed up tonight. I know he can't carry this team by himself, and with the way the Reds are leaving guys on base, eighteen tonight by the way, I really feel for him. Also if you find someone crazy enough to trade him already after a 1-2 start then send me an invite to play in your league next year. I know they left over 30 men on base in the disapointing three game sweep the Priates just handed them over the weekend.


There was a few bright spots tonight, Griffey wearing #42 in honor of Jackie Robinson hit his 595th home run. I can only dream of the numbers this guy would have put up if he had stayed healthy his entire career.
Speaking of good things, how about Jeff Keppinger. He has played in every game so far this year and is hitting .327 with just a tad of power, two HR's, and a lot of plate displine. Jeff has only struck out twice in 14 games, how does that work for your fantasy numbers. I bet you can't guess who is leading the team in K's, no it's not Adam Dunn, try Brandon Phillps with 13 K's and yes Dunn is second with 11 K's I guess that's the price you pay for all that power.....oh yeah they both have one home run so far, yes I said one HR.


Well, I am a little late on this guy but has anyone noticed Kansas City's Zack Greinke is 3-0 with an ERA of 0.75. How many guessed right on him this week as you were looking for your two start pitchers? Well yours truly did and he got me my best start of the year so far....23 points and oh does my team need those points right now. Greinke is not a big time strikeout pitcher but did get seven K's last night. He usually gets a lot of ground ball outs. I read in "The Sporting News" today that one scout said he had the arm to be a top five pitcher in the American league. If he is still out there in your league you might want to take a look at him.


Watch out, the Tigers have won four of their last five but are still in the basement of the AL Central. Boston, Chicago and the Angels aren't that much of a suprise leading their respective divisions tonight. Actually Oakland has the same 9-6 record as the Angels in the west and yes that is a suprise that won't hold up.

The only team in the National league that isn't a suprise leading their division is the Diamondbacks in the west. I really don't think the Cards or Marlins have enough to stay on top of their respective divisions. I really hope the Cards can't keep this up. If they do it spells doom for my Reds.......

All right, I need to go find me a catcher that can come thru for me as good as Zack Greinke did.....any ideas for me now!!!!!!!!!

No comments: