Friday, April 25, 2008

Hot Starts.....But for how long

Before I get to what I want to write I just might rant on "my Reds" somewhat. What does Aaron Harang have to do to get a win. He could sue for non-support. I mean he hasn't given up more than two earned runs in all but one of his six starts so far this season. Tonight was another very good game for Harang after a 7 2/3 innings 8 strike out and one walk performance. The Reds had me as excited as I have been for quite a few years this spring. Last year we couldn't get a two out hit with RISP and that trend has followed this year. I hope you didn't draft Bronson Arroyo, he is the Cincinnati version of the Giants Barry Zito....I think it's time to stick a fork in both of them. They may be the most over paid players in the game today. How about Adam Dunn, hitting a cool .200 he is at least leading the league in walks, but do the Reds pay him ten million a year to walk...I think not.
Really I still think Adam will get his 40 home runs, but the question is will the Reds ever get it going. Does Jr. get number 600 on this road trip, I bet Reds ownership won't complain if he hits number 599 early on this road trip and then relaxes until he gets back home.......Does anyone else think Brandon Phillips is looking to hit a tater every time up.....Come on Reds....get it going.

Now for some hot starts that might or might not continue.

MIGHT NOT:

Chipper Jones is white hot and if you think he will keep this up the entire season, well really nobody does. If there is someone ready to give you way more than Chipper is actually worth that can actually help your team, I might consider pulling the trigger here. How long before his annual trip to the Dl. I love Chipper and hope he keeps this pace up, just don't count on it.

Pat Burrell has always had some pretty good power and usually with power comes the rib eye steaks and he has at least 22 as I write this. How many thinks he will continue to hit above .350.....sell high and you won't be sorry, his lifetime average is no where near .350 actually it's closer to .250 do the math....If someone wants him reach for the sky and see if a rookie fantasy player might bite.

MIGHT:

Derrek Lee is someone I wanted pretty bad before draft day, I might have stated this before, because we had a couple of Cub fans join our league this year he went a little earlier than I thought he would go. Turns out he was worth that early pick. I have said it before and I will say it again.....he's money and a fantasy stud. If you are in points league he will end the season in your leagues top ten in points.
Don't even think about unloading this guy unless someone offers you three players rated close to him. If you don't own him maybe you could play the injury card and let your competition know he is less than two years removed from that nasty break and it might not be totally healed, yeah right. If someone trades him in your league, you should offer this guy a trade everyday.

Miguel Tejada......We were all afraid to draft him this season not knowing if he would spend more time behind bars than at SS, and I am not talking about him lying about his age either. I will be the first to say I was very wrong about this guy. He had more baggage than my ex-wife would take to Florida for a week. I remember those baggage carriers you used when your trunk wouldn't hold everything for vacation, well even with a van I needed one and so did Tejada as this season started. I was wrong at the start of the season and I would now say he is one of the guys that will keep it going the rest of the way.

Connor Jackson...He might not hit you a lot of home runs but this guy is for real. He will hit for a high average and get you plenty RBI's and with a playing for a great Diamondback team he will also score plenty, so hold this guy and enjoy the ride that I do believe will last.

No comments: