Friday, January 9, 2009

Starting my Championship 09 Team

If I could start with any three position players this season, I'd definitely start my fantasy team with Pujols, Pedroia, and Mauer. Even though two of these guys are MVPs, I think you could realistically get these three guys in the first three rounds of your 09 draft. You get these three guys in rounds 1,2,3 and you can sit back, relax, and pound cool ones the rest of the draft.
Pujols: I marked this guy off my draft board last year because all of the elbow speculation. .356/37/115 and 43 doubles. Walked 49 more times than he struck out. . He went 9th in our 2009 draft if I remember correctly. That won't happen again.
Pedroia: .326/17/83 and 54 2-baggers. You know I love the 52BB/50K more than anything. Throw in 20 steals and 118 runs. Expect more of the same from this spark plug this season.
Mauer: After a couple of injury plauged years, Mauer waws back at it. .328/9/81 and well over a .400 OBP from the catching position is alright with me. Getting on base and hitting in front of Morneau produced nearly 100 runs. He also walked 34 more times than he struck out. Joe never hurts you.
Good drafting! Best day of the fantasy year.

1 comment:

RoseFan said...

I will already take King Albert if I get first pick. Done Deal