Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ted Lilly Smack Down

Did everyone see the bad ass Ted Lilly take out Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina. Not sure what Lilly was thinking risking injury on that play. Last time I looked the Cubs were making post season plans and my money says they would rather have Lilly healthy for the playoffs instead of a separated shoulder. I'll give him an A for effort though. If you have day to day lineups Molina will be out for a couple of days. Those with weekly lineups and still in your leagues playoffs you might want to keep an eye on how this develops.

Now my question: isn't there a baseball code that says catchers don't have to brace against pitchers for a home plate collision. Does Tony La Russa retaliate. Stay tuned there is no love lost between these two teams.

3 comments:

GMo said...

LaRussa didn't look happy walking out there. Good for Lilly. I'm a lot bigger Lilly fan after seeing that! I almost want to root for the Cubs in the playofffs now...................or not.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you guys put a video clip of this on here.

GMo said...

Sounds good. I'll look it up. Sometimes it's hard to get MLB game clips b/c of copyright stuff.