Sunday, September 28, 2008

MVPs and Cy Youngs?????

My Take:

NL Cy Young: Tim Linceum

AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee with Roy Halladay a very close 2nd.

NL MVP: Do they go with Howard with the lead in homers and RBI and taking his team to the playoffs after another red hot September? He's going to bat under .250 and maybe strikeout 200 times. Do you go with Pujols at .356/37/115?

AL MVP: Morneau if the Twins win today and make it to the playoffs. Pedroia has a real shot too. Good gracious, it's wide open. I think you could make a real case for Mauer also.

****Fantasy Baseball Cy Young: Tim Lincecum no doubt in my mind. This guy is the real deal. Led the majors in strikeouts and 2nd in the NL in ERA. 17 wins for a terrible team. Sabathia has to be in the conversation too.

****Fantasy Baseball MVP: Pujols. I marked this guy off my draft board b/c all of the elbow speculation. .356/37/115 and 43 doubles. Walked 49 more times than he struck out. This is a no doubter. He went 9th in our draft if I remember correctly.

No comments: