Friday, June 6, 2008

Middle Infield Help

First I didn't think I would ever be writing this endorsement about this guy. I guess I am one of the last to get on board but if Jerry Hairston is available in your league, well it's past time to pick him up. I have to admit I didn't think he was this good. Jerry is a career .256 hitter and thought he might flirt with .300 for a couple of weeks, but we are now 37 games played for Jerry and that's a decent sample size so let's look at some of his numbers.

Can you say .325 batting average.....Hairston is sitting on 38 hits in 37 games, anytime you can average more than a hit a game that's pretty good, and has scored 18 runs and driven in 13 runs. Add these numbers to his 10 stolen bases, (caught twice) and you can tell these numbers are for real. I see only one down side to Hairston and that's his w/k ratio of 8 walks and 19 K's. I say if you need infield help this guy can do it for you. Only thing he is probably gone in your league as he is in ours, great pickup GMO. I have Jeff Keppinger on my squad and I do see a platoon in the future on Dusty's lineup card when Jeff returns from the DL. Jeff was putting up some great numbers before his DL stint so we will see what happens soon enough as he is about to start his rehab assignment. Either way I think Cincinnati is in good shape at SS. Now if they could put a road winning streak together!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: