Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Haters and the DL

Gary Sheffield was activated from the DL today, is this guy still relevant. I guess I am a little bias as I would probably draft Corey Patterson in front of him. Do I hate Sheff that much!!!!!!!! This move is just in time as I hate to have all the players I dislike on the DL at the same time.....that's right Carlos Zambrano is not a favorite of mine either and he just hit the DL. But aren't we supposed to be impartial when we write these blogs. The way I look at it, if the Jay's GM can hammer Adam Dunn the way he did then I can hammer a couple assholes here.

For real if you look at the players on the DL right now you could probably win a fantasy league if you owned them all in a healthy state. Just to name a few.....maybe the highest scoring catcher the last three years, Victor Martinez.....Although he is about to come back, Albert Pujols has been a top fantasy scorer the past five years.......Would you take either of these DH's, Travis Hafner or David Ortiz, both still on the DL.....get the picture a lot of big guns have hit the shelf for extended periods of time this year and my teams were not immune from this bad luck......Just hope this wasn't the year you were "lucky" enough to draft a few of these superstars

2 comments:

happyathome said...

Don't forget Posada was just back from the DL, just as good of a catcher. There are more players that go on the DL now since the game is much more advance in injuries then way back when players would just play through it. Not to mention the pay certainly is higher and they want them for the long run. As for the "Sheff", have him, had him, too much of a headache in my opinion.

RoseFan said...

Hey thanks for visiting our site and leaving a comment. Nothing as cool as a mom that knows baseball.