Friday, October 10, 2008

Thinking about fantasy draft 2009-playoff teams

A lot of things will infuence your draft next year like free agency and winter meeting trades to injury news. Watching the playoffs tonight, I'm getting excited thinking about fantasy draft 2009. I

I love this Ethier guy. He looks like he's finally turning into the real deal. He's slugging right there with Manny since he came over to the Dodgers before the trade deadline. He ended 08 batting .305 with 20 homers and 77 RBI and 38 doubles. Can he be a real deal 3 hole hitter next season? I think so.

How good can David Price be for the Rays next season. Their rotation is going to be LOADED! You have to think they'll be the favorites in the East next season even if the Yanks and Sox load up in the offseason. He was 11-1 with a 2.63 ERA and .095 WHIP in the minors this season. Oh, by the way, he struck out 13 per 9 innings. He also looked really good when he came up late in the season. I have to think that he'll have to be in your draft plans next season.

Is Longoria a top 2 or 3 round draft pick next season. This year I passed on Braun for all the same fears I'll have about Longoria next season. Maybe I should change my mind. Probably not, I'll pass b/c of the strikeout rate.

I like Blake DeWitt too. I think he'll be the starting 2B for the Dodger Blue next season. Kent should retire and he's looked good with the glove at 2nd. I think his bat will come around too. DeWitt batted .264 with 9 homers and 52 RBI in his rookie season. I think this guy will be worth a late round look. He'll be around .290 with 25 dingers.

Good lord, I'm starting to sound like a Dodger fan. Loney is a solid back up 1B choice or starter if you wait late to draft a 1B. I still think this guy will win a batting title in the next three years. He doesn't have great power numbers but they're good enough.

Cole Hamels is starting to look like a top tier fantasy pitcher after an inconsistent season the year before. He goes deep into games by putting balls into play but keeps the ball low and in the ballpark. He gets enough strikeouts to make him one of the best. 227 innings and 196 strikeouts. 1.09 WHIP. NICE.

I have nothing good to say about the Evil Empire's players.....I mean the Red Sox. I take that back. I do like Jon Lester as much as any pitcher. He carried me for the 2nd half of this season. I put him in the 2nd tier of fantasy pitchers.

No comments: