Monday, March 23, 2009

Draft Day

Well the writers of this blog had our draft on Saturday afternoon and for the first time in my fifteen years of playing fantasy baseball we finally pulled the trigger on a keeper league. (I love draft day so much, getting together with the guys I fully expect to kick the asses of.) We actually set the ground rules last season at the draft and this was the first year we got to keep players drafted last year.

We only had a couple of rules. One you can't keep anyone drafted in the first two rounds. You could keep one pitcher and two hitters. So I decided to keep Carlos Beltran and Justin Morneau. For my pitcher I kept Felix Hernandez, is this the year he finally puts together the year the experts have talked about for what seems to be five years now. I was thinking a keeper league would make for a faster draft....wrong.....not sure what takes the longest our fantasy baseball draft or the Cubbies to win a World Series.

OK, all you experts tell me how I did....here is my starting lineup in a ten team league. We start nine position players and three pitchers of your choice....starters, relievers doesn't matter.

SP: Hernandez.....Johan Santana.....John Lester
OF: Beltran.....Carlos Lee.....Jay Bruce
1B: Morneau
MI: Robinson Cano.....Ryan Theriot
3B: Aramis Ramirez
DH: Prince Fielder
C: Ramon Hernandez.....with Matt Wieters waiting in the wings as my backup.


Yes the BIG RED MACHINE is again looking like a fine tuned machine ready to roll.
How does your league roll. Do you play in a keeper league. What kind of rules does your league have.
Opening day is just right around the corner......PLAY BALL

No comments: